Denim jeans are something that most of us have in our closets.
We wear jeans because they are comfortable and are a universally accepted staple in the world of casual dressing. Wearing the right fitting jeans can make or break your fashion look.
How to choose denim for an ‘apple’ body.
An apple shape is a body shape where there is no definition of a waist. If you have an apple shape- you probably have a bit of a ‘tummy’. You also probably have a flat bottom, a wide torso, broad shoulders, slim arms and slim legs.
Your over-all fashion strategy is draw attention away from you waist and promote your beautiful arms and legs.
You also want to work to create a few illusions.
Boot cuts work well.
Boot cuts tend to balance out anything going on with the upper body.
Look for stretch in your jeans to help hold your tummy in.
Straight leg jeans works well as they also balance out a wider torso.
A thick belt can create the illusion of a waist.
Side zippers and flat fronts can draw attention away from your waist area.
Back pockets, especially with details, work well with a flatter bottom.
What to look for in a pair of jeans
- Pocket detailing in the back give the illusion that your bottom has some shape.
- Trouser, flared, wide legs and boot cuts work well for you.
- Stay away from high waists and pleats.
- Stay away from denim that is too tight in the waist. You are better off going up a size and getting a tailor to help you out than risking a muffin top.
- Avoid the dreaded muffin top which comes from lower cut jeans.