The shift dress is back in style and we are seeing gals with less curves embracing it.
Is the shift dress the anti-dress for a gal with curves?
How a curvy gal can wear a shift dress #PlusSize #Fashion
In most cases, a curvy gal is looking to wear a dress that makes her look her best whether that be by embracing her curves, hiding what needs to be hidden or simply making her look a few pounds slimmer.
The problems with curvy gals is that a traditional shift dress is a short dress that lacks shaping. The dress goes up and down without any definition given to the waist. What is worse for us is that these dresses have short or no sleeves.
Here is what to look for in a shift dress if you have curves
These care the secrets that can slim us in this kind of a dress
- An A-line cut in the skirt. This is always flattering on us.
- A V-neck cut that flatters. Avoid a high crew neck if anything.
- Patterns that can camouflage, elongate, or confuse the eye.
- Sleeves that work with your arms- avoid the cap sleeve. Sleeveless styles can be worn with a sweater or jacket if needed.
- Check your backside to ensure that the dress skims your backside.
Here are some great examples of shift dresses for the curvy gal.