Looking good at the gym, in a yoga class, or even on the walking train can be an important factor in our motivation.
Curvy Gal’s Guide to Workout Gear
Start from the inside with a good foundation.
A good supportive sports bra is the most important item that you can wear when you are working out.
Not only will make you look and feel better, a good bra can help your posture and protect your girls.
Here are three good options for sports bras.
A breathable top.
Long ago we were all wearing over-sized tee shirts that really just covered our top half. These tee shirts often didn’t fit us right and certainly had issues with making us look our best.
When you look good, you perform better.
When you feel good, you perform better.
Tops that we like are tops that flatter us. These tops look good on us and feel good when we perform.
- V-necks and lower cut tops rather than high crew necks
- Sleeves that are ‘flutter’ style or reach to around the elbow area are the most arm-flattering.
- Cotton or one of the new breathable fabrics for comfort.
Avoid the dreaded thigh rub.
There is nothing worst than thigh rub, whether it be the tear in the seam on the thighs or the skin itself.
Here is how to avoid the thigh:
- Bike shirts that run to just above the knee
- Avoid cotton pants.
- Opt for pants that do not have a seam on the inner leg
- Look for leggings in a nylon/lycra or similar kind of blend as these can relieve the thigh issue while holding things in.
A cute zip-up jacket.
This is a two-part essential. The jacket will keep you warm when needed (also can be tied around the waist) and when zipped up partially, can create a slimming look.
- Black slim leggings and bike shorts can be really slimming on the leg
- When wearing leggings, team them with a top that hits just below the hip.
- Other colors look great too. Think about matching the top to the bottom.
- If your pants are tight, don’t forget to do the bend over, squat, etc test just to make sure you will be okay in them when you wear them.
- Be confident is how great you look and everything else will fall into place.
- Heading to a class? Remember there are people behind you in the class with a view…I’m only saying this because I’ve been that person looking at granny pants etc…. 🙂