Sweater season has arrived.
There is so much to consider when choosing the right sweater.
We thought that we would make it easier by breaking it down.
A Curvy Gal’s Guide to Choosing Sweaters
Here is what you need to keep in mind
Sweaters come in many styles as you already know.
- Crew neck
- V neck
The styles that you choose have a lot to do with what you intend to wear the sweater with. Sometimes, it’s just good to have a certain style on hand just in case you may want to wear it as part of an outfit.
You also know that there are a variety of materials to choose from.
- Cotton/Poly mix
- Wool blend
- Other- including angora
The most important things to consider when choosing a material are how the fabric sits on the body and of course, care.
Do you prefer hand washing your sweaters or are you okay with dry cleaning?
Knit of the sweater
This is where it can get important to curvy gals.
A thicker and bulkier knit will add size to your body.
A thinner knit will usually compliment an outfit.
What to keep in mind when choosing that perfect sweater for a curvy body.
- Sweaters can add bulk. Choose a less bulky sweater.
- Avoid layering under the sweater as this can add more bulk
- Stick to the darker colors in sweaters.
- Turtlenecks and higher cut crew sweaters can make us look heavier than we are.
- V necks and lower cowlnecks that can create a ‘long v’ can slimming.
- Cardigans should keep us warm and add to an outfit rather than add bulk. Do this by taking care when layering your cardigan over a top and by checking your look in a mirror (backside as well).