Sometimes we hear stories about stores not using plus sized models to sell plus sized clothing or charging extra for plus sized that is more than similar to the regular sized version. These stories are nothing new to most curvy gals.
5 Things That Every Curvy Gal Knows About Shopping for Clothes
1. After a while, every curvy gal knows what definitely will not work for her BEFORE trying it on.
Dealing with a skinny-love world around us has made us curvy gals stronger. We know that crop tops and mini skirts may not work for us so we most likely won’t be wasting time trying them on.
2. Curvy gals know black really can make us slimmer looking.
No matter what anyone says, we gravitate back to black. Black is slimming, is easy to put together in an outfit, and always seems to work for us.
3. A curvy girl knows which stores have the best mirrors.
If you want to sell us something, stock your dressing rooms with mirrors that slim us rather than make us look fat. It is worth your investment to do so.
Curvy Gals Everywhere.
4. Don’t send a skinny girl to help us coordinate our outfits.
You just have to experience working with curves to dress them. We are also smart enough to notice when someone is telling us we look good in something just to make that sale.
5. We know your size 0 or even 12 model in the ad is not necessarily us.
There are a lot of curvier choices for models out there that can give us an idea what a real gal looks like in something. Let’s face it. In this country it is double digit sizing that is the norm not the 5’8″ 105 pound gal.