The right lip color in the right consistency applies in the right way can make a difference in how we look.
13 Lip Tips and Tricks
I have scoured all of the tips and tricks that I have come by over the years and have posted them here.
- Apply a bit of drugstore lip balm to your lips before you apply your lipstick. This will help keep your lips moisturized and may even let the color stay on longer.
- Concerned about applying that lipstick to your teeth? Parse your lips together almost like a fish-face and run your finger back and forth between your lips to remove the excess lipstick that can get on the teeth.
- Apply your lipstick starting in the middle and working your way to the corners for a more accurate coverage.
- A bit of gloss on the middle of the lips over your lipstick can help plump the lips.
- Get a long lasting color by coloring your lips with a matching liner before applying your lipstick
- Don’t throw away those sample lipsticks that you thought were the wrong color.
One expert says that these lipsticks can be the perfect cheek contour instead.
- Testing colors in the store? Instead of using the top of your hand, try testing the color on the underside of your finger tip as this more closely resembles your lip coloring.
- Most lip glosses are simply flavored or colored petroleum jelly. Hit the dollar store for a jar to get your own supply and use this to refill those empty gloss containers or to make your own.
- Plump your lips with a lip pencil a tad darker than your lipstick (you may need to blend a bit- the right color is essential) and a dab of your foundation applied to the center of your lips.
- Exfoliate using a sugar scrub. Make your own by combining a tablespoon of sugar with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Matte lipsticks and lip stains can be drying for your lips. Stick to the more moisturizing alternatives.
- Lick your lipsticked lips before sipping from a straw, cup or glass to help minimize the lip stain issue.
- Of course, keep well-hydrated and use a balm with spf to keep your lips in good shape.